Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, September 14, 2007

It puts the lotion in the basket

I'm worried about Brian Shannon. I vote, compleate nut and bad actor...er actress... Something...

Morning Thesis:
I drool at the Negative 67 futures.... and let me get the over under on the retail sales numbers. Bad number means 50 fed cut and off to the races, good number means off to the races... I think I've realized why markets crash, at one point the bullshit just get's so high. If we can get rid of all the bad numbers, then "off to the races"... Why does this thinking work?
Ok, I'm spooked, with the fed cut looming I'm hoping we test the bottom today, not sure if we have time to get down there by tuesday.

Morning Gameplan:
here is the deal, if we hit where I purchased the second lot of mzz I'll set a follow stop, Currently I have a limit past that. That second purchase was SO FUCKING STUPID.

RETAIL NUMBERS
So.... ouch.. Retail numbers expectations were Up .4%
Excluded auto's expectations were up .2%

We got up .3%
Ex Auto's down .4%

interesting thing with auto's being stronger than expected, and other retail being significantly weaker...

LOL after same store sales numbers We were suprised how bad this was. See the numbers were downgraided... so better than expected.

CONSUMER STARTING TO SLOW DOWN...

Worst thing is this does increase the chance of the fed cut I was betting against....

I say .25

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc