Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

post market

Fun day.


It's funny, I've been in business a long time. My first one was when I was 16, once I could drive. Before that I had had a regular job since I was 12. When I was 16 I used to pretend I was a boyscout and go around painting numbers on peoples curbs. $50 for an afternoon of work. but better on the weekends.

Worked for immigrants from then through the age of 24, when I started doing computer work. I've worked as a contractor, or and a Temp-Full time hire ever since.

I've been in business a long time. Your relationships with clients is symbiotic, you help them, they pay you. They like what you do, they are happy to pay. Other than that... Give it up. I had a client screw me out of 6 hours of work, a few weeks ago. I was over it, I was just out the time. But if they don't want to pay, I don't want to work for them.

I had a client that used to wait to the end of the invoice 30 days to pay. I went to contract negotiations with them. I said, So, you don't really appreciate what I do, enough to just pay me when you write checks, the first chance you get?

They said, well we keep the interest on the money, if we wait.... I said, Oh... Great! No problem, my bill is due Net 10 Days, and if you go 30 days, you owe me another $100.

Somehow it seems like the finance industry doesn't get that. I find it funny.

Relationships should all by symbiotic.. if they aren't ... why bother?

We are all dying, one day at a time... There is only time for symbiosis.

So, they run around trying to screw the Credit card holders... and sure it works for a while... but can you sleep like that... When you are out and about driving the boat.... is it easy?
See, what I like is to walk into the clients office and having them know, I'm going to make things work and when they have a problem there is nobody they would rather see.

So... it bothered me all week the idea that 12 months worth of calls,were going to go out "In the Money"

I just doubted the hell out of it. I think by the friday close, almost every call purchased in the past 7 days will be worthless.

That will be my bullshit self published book... "all business relationships should be symbiotic"

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc