Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chinese MEME

I like to point out sentiment:


So this story, was making the rounds this weekend:

Chinese Premier: Currency not undervalued, warns of "Double Dip" Recession

The story is roughly the same, But the Headlines come in 2 Flavors.


It's a Rorschach, The premier is not an economist. so what the hell he knows about forecasting the economy, I don't know why you would listen. The other thing is that he just says "we are nervous about the possibility of a double dip.". He doesn't forecast it. It just shows how bad the media is.

But here is the MEME to think about:
One is about a Trade war, and is basically that "China Owns Us" Meme. That simplistic Right wing fear-mongering, like we can stop the Chinese from buying our debt, if we wanted to.

The other MEME is people thinking we will Double Dip. I'm not saying we will or we won't, I'm just talking about the MEME here.

So, the Two things they are thinking are Trade war, and Double dip. The thing they don't talk about is how china is fucked.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc