Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Swing!!!!

Fridays are mistake days for me. By the time Friday comes around, with my cold/flu i'm fatigued and I'm prone to mistakes.. I closed out my shorts in the last minutes of trading....

All the other indexes besides the R2k... look range bound... so...Ya, I'm calling for a swing but it may not happen in all the indexes....

I'm not surprised that the dow is holding a bid, as many good multinational/industrial plays as there are in the dow... it should be the strongest index based on my market thesis.

But the S&P.... That fucking thing should be at 1450 easy... This fucking bouncing off 1480 and 1490, is fucking horseshit.

My Thesis is there are alot of half assed Hedgies out there who missed the bottom, and are just crazy to own things at 1470....... These are the assholes that are going to get us to 12000/1370.... But after Christmas.

My thesis is... ok... Maybe we leg down on Monday off the open... and I'll cry because I could have made a ton more money.... But.... we could stay range bound... but I'm looking for a short covering rally.... at which point I'll be shorting, we leg down to my fucking 12200, 1450 level. hold that bid for about 6 hours... Then the Xmas rally starts.. we ride to 1510. as assholes sell their losses and chase some winners......

I'll be looking to ride some Hyped up Nasdaq horseshit..... aapl, rim, grmn. maybe materials, steel mining oil.

Basically we ride through the new year, come back down under 1490.... then q4 earnings start.... and the tragedy begins, it's also possible we start getting lead up to Xmas retail numbers... and investors start slitting their wrists.... no shortage of denial so far.

I'm all in cash, if we leg down, I'll go long... if I'm correct and we go up, I'll catch the short side again.

My thesis on why we haven't bottomed: if the regional banks haven't bottomed, we haven't hit the bottom of the first leg of this Bear. Testing August is stupid, we never should have made the highs of sep-oct... The notion that we just "correct".

2 comments:

Brett said...

I hate staying short over a weekend, I get much better sleep when I am long. I am all about the "hyped up Nasdaq horseshit," it is making me some serious coin.

Eric said...

It's good stuff... I'm just cautious about hype. I don't sleep well in a crowded trade. but I too made a ton on the way up, in that Crap... :)

What is funny is I actually do some network engineering when I'm not too busy trading... The irony of my hate of the NASDAQ... is umn, funny in a laughing on the inside kind of way..

Careful buddy, at one point the expectations will out pace reality, and stock will take a beating... But you can swing trade that it. Ride it up, Then catch it when it comes back down...

I'm very sad I didn't take Apple at the 150 level we talked about... That was a 25% knife catch.

and long term, even in this possible recession, it will still make out well.

Cheers

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc