Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

some metrics

Gold slightly down or flat... it loves that 930 level.

Dollar ... well messing with the 1.36 level.

Treasuries sold. oil sold...
roughly 4 of tracked asset classes sold.

Let me continue to comment on the high level of emotion/ and lack of .... Lucidity by many participants at this point.

We would like this to get better... and my position that " the guys at AIG deserve to get paid something" and that some of the bile is misplaced and would be better in other directions. But my shift to a more moderate position is Lucidity positive for the market.

Of course I still stick with the idea that Obama used it to start the dialog on Compensation.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Here's a metric: short-selling at highest levels in a year.

http://tinyurl.com/dfjosj

That's a nice bid on the market.

Eric said...

your Bachman post was good.

My next chart is this as a base build move.

Not sure if I mentioned it... but this shape if I wasn't reading sentiment would indicate a "Top"

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc