Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More AIG

So the letter was posted.... the AIG one in the times.

I do suspect some kind of PR stunt.

I'd love to get better clarity... I wish the pink lady's were bothering AIG than Geitner.

My biggest complaint is the lack of a sense of "shared sacrifice". I think that isn't talked about enough yet. I also think that the administration is using this to open up a dialogue on compensation.

Right.. I trade... now I trade my money... but I can see why traders get paid... I've never understood salesman. I've never understood how a salesman can get paid more than the guy who makes a product. And yet, sales is hard.

MY issue is... Pay for non-performance. You have some CEO who had no idea a recession was coming, exposed to the 10 year or 30 year flood, with no eye on the 100 year or 1000 year. Who basically goes golfing every day. the guy who just runs a company into the ground. walks away with half a billion in compensation. Dilutes shareholders....

That is not capitalism and Certainly people if asked to do a job for a company deserve to get paid. but if a line worker at GM doesn't build cars for a week. Or if he in order to get a performance bonus and Destroys all the equipment on the line trying to get a bonus for setting a 1 week production record..... This just isn't capitalism.

I'm excited for that conversation, and yet... my bet is we will never have it. cause congress is consumed with the national debt.

and I'm listening to Joshua tree today

4 comments:

Tony said...

Base salary for a neurosurgeon in NYC: $425,000.

http://tinyurl.com/c7axaf


What was Mr De Santis' base salary?

Eric said...

I just said Paid... not given a cash enema 24/7 for the rest of his life.

I though... I think I've expressed this same thing every day for 5 days.

Eric said...

That frontline thing is great...

goes into Why we have to spend.

and how crazy bush 2 Was.

and how reagan wasn't quite the tax cutter he is made out to be.

Tony said...

50 dMA is next support 79.50 SPY

and 29.72 QQQQ

With bad Treasury auction, the weak dollar plays still not doing as well as I would expect.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc