Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

fastmoney

market in no mans land.

This is a sentiment read.

Guy Adami said 800 was the bogey in today's session. "When the market traded through 800, it was the key to get out. I know it's hard to sell on days like today, but it was the right move," he said.

3 comments:

Tony said...

The age of fundamental analysis was deemed over about a year ago, now technical analysis is waning as well.

The market makes no sense and we are delving into a chaos theory model of analyzing movements.

T.Lo's discussion of diabolical thinking in market trading was evidence that analysis of moving averages, price strength, volume and trend lines has decreasing significance.

It's becoming what you call a "Costanza" market where we not only game-theory other market participants, but we playing game theory with our own intuition.

Maybe I'll just go to dividend stocks.

Tony said...

oh... and go golfing (where at least the rules apply).

Eric said...

ever heard of a mulligan?

I was thinking about what she said about "Maximum pain".

I think it's getting to the point where nobody is making sense.

I would say the goal is to make sure you are in the green at the end of the day.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc