Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Saturday, October 6, 2007

In Defense of the Hedge fund

I've been rethinking my ideas about the sleazy hedge funds buying up the market in low volum rallys....

I love every up day on CNBC.... this is how it goes:

"Hi, Sam... Look at this market, it's just amazing"

"Yep the market is great."

"well Sam, what are you and your hedge fund/brokerage house buying today?"

"oh we like Technology and materials, but we arn't buying today."



But here it is... the reason for the low volume is.... well they arn't buying. It's the Day Traders and the Retail.

But they arn't shorting it either, they are still long the market, and are hoping it will go up.

Without the suphisticated software to slowly ease them out of the market, every time they sell it just drives it down in mass.

I also wonder if there is legitamate bullishness to the market, if sure 2 or 3 months of slow job growth.... just meanst there isnt' much hiring out there. Buisness is good, just not good enough for more employees....

Cept Main street can feel it. they know things arn't good. They pay for more gas and more food.

Alright, I know I'm not a rocket scientist... but I am smart, and I spent some time on the google message boards. and damn those people are dumb.

they say, "I Like Apple.... Cause it's shiney"

I just wonder if the Hedgies and brokrages are like "damn those home gamers/daytraders" are dumb.... Don't they know there is a recession comming.....

I just don't want to be the one standing after the music stops playing.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc