Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My O'l Man

So, my father has talked about doing some trading. and he comes up with the worst stocks. He wants to trade a 3 month 10% change in some crappy stocks going to 0.

So, I put him in a trade yesterday, and we get the rally this morning. I call him up....

him,"hello"

Me, "ok, we have a rally get out at... "what is a $150 gain in a $3000 investmetn.

him "umn... no... I want to make $200, oh, wait... $250."

Me, "This rally will fail, at best we still have 30% to go.".

Him " I just want to make more."

Me, "Sure, the market will bend to your will, because you want it to go up it will. I would absolutly hate for you to stop your loser streak in the stock market, Defiantly It's going to infinity"(so, I'm hard on my dad, but I wanted him out.)

him, "well how about ....(+200)"

me, "Whatever, let me know how it works out. Nothing will teach you like losing money"

Well, now he is down $50.....

I almost logged onto his account and got him out of the trade...

Long term he will be fine. unless the market crashes. which it wont.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc