Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

DAMN I meant to predict the futures, and I woke up today and my predictions are about right on....
we are +65 my guess, as I remember my prediction was +55.

3 month libor up to 5.015.--- Significant uptick... may even be a blow off top.

overnight libor 4.654, again, slight uptick, but a relief from the 5% that we saw end of last week I think?

My local bank was offering CD's at auction for 5.05% for 3 month CD's... I thought that was fascinating. Desperation for cash

New low in the dollar 1.496.... overnight.... Ouch...

But it wasn't sustainable and now it is back to 1.4810... the only catalyst we are seeing is a belief that the Fed will cut rates... If the fed does not cut rates in the December meeting ... I bet we see 1.46 again... and maybe after that ... we could see another cut.... if we can get some Relief in the dollar.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc