Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Saturday, January 26, 2008

after my retreat

My meditative.... Market wana make me Pukie couple weeks. My Zen Retreat with the market in the corner of my eye. yesterday was nice... I was hoping to keep it going all weekend.

Then after the close, turning it all off, having a nice evening out... Getting the most Brilliant sleep last night that I haven't had since September.

What Am I doing today... blog reading about ... everyone Else's view on market action.

Also, a friend called me about his portfolio this week... I talked to him, calmed him down... then I called his home to talk to him, about being more pro-active, and less Re-active on his portfolio.....
talked to his wife..... asked him to call me.....

anyone know how this will end?

He won't call me until the next time he wants to be Re-active, he will talk to me about being Pro-active..... at which time it will be the wrong time to be pro-active..... pro meaning Before...
Other thing is, I have little time for paniked investment advice when the market is panicing.

Perfect example of buying the top, and the disservice our emotions serve us in trading. If you notice, my blog is called "Buying the Top"... I have the same emotions as everyone else.. not to use too much of a pop culture reference. but like George Costanza you have to do the opposite of your impulse... I swear every time I'm optimistic about the economy, that is when the market tanks.... and I use my emotions as a warning sign that I need to do the opposite.

Another note, if the market looks week for another day, I'm going to toss some weaker positions. I have a ton of faith that my purchases are .... Epic good positions... but some of them are not quite performing.... and if you assholes kill the market I want some cash... or a short hedge. There are some stinkers in the new portfolio... but overall, it's an amazing portfolio of stock...

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc