Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Monday, January 21, 2008

Big Picture... I can't take that site right now.... I forget how fucking crazy some people are.

Things don't look great for the open, but that won't be the first time.

If the sell off accelerates... there is no reason to step in front of it. just get ready to pick up the pieces, when it's all over. But if I read about Armageddon from chicken little, I'm going to puke. Besides being monumentally Stupid!!!, It's why Pussies are Pussies, they have no ability to manage their emotions. I'm not saying you can control your emotions, but you sure as hell can not act like a chicken with it's head cut off.

It's what causes stuff like this, U.S. Economic Slowness, doesn't mean Coke, can't sell Coke.

some of that stuff is more appropriate for Religious Armageddon chat boards.

Keep your shit together Girls... Opportunity continues to avail opportunities.

There is every chance that things will be fine in the morning, Europe getting freaked out is what we need to cut rates.

Wish I had kept my short hedge on.

2 comments:

new comer said...

Morning Eric,

I saw an article from cbnc and wanna to share with you.

There would be no help even with uncle Ben surprise cut today. Fear has spread across the world. The momentum is really bad and no one wanna to trade against the odd.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/22729357/site/14081545/

Friday, 18 Jan 2008
Explosive Tuesday?
Posted By:Lee Brodie
Topics:Stock Market | Stock Picks

There’s talk of a volatility explosion Tuesday morning. What’s going on?

Essentially Pete Najarian is concerned that investors are holding much less put protection in their portfolios than they were just one day ago - and that could send the market lower. Here's why.

Friday January 18th was an expirations day in the options market and consequently, January options aren’t available anymore – they’ve expired.

For whatever reason, traders haven’t purchased nearly as many “puts” (a bet a stock will move lower) or “calls” (a bet a stock will move higher) for February, March or the outlying months.

What concerns Pete is the lack of “put” buying because if there are now fewer “puts” on the downside – protection isn't as prevalent. (Remember some institutional investors will buy stock and puts together. That way they benefit if share price moves higher and they also hedge their losses if it moves lower.)

That could mean we're set up for the perfect storm Tuesday, according to Najarian. "With less put protection, negative news could spark fear more easily and send stocks down fast and sharply,” he concludes.

Eric said...

Morning Melissa,

I've been avoiding charting, because I was seeing 11k levels since last wed.

besides the fact I can be an amoral vulture, I can just see baby-boomers dumping their equities at just the wrong time. and it makes me sad.

This is crazy panic.

I was looking at charts, and some of these moves historically, result in violent reversals.

I still am debating if I look to take or some very small positions. Or just wait for some kind of slow down.

No matter what I'll save some money for the 8k level. if it happens. it would be crazy to miss out on an opportunity to buy at 8k.
and we will see 30-40% dividends at those prices, as opposed to the 5-10% we are starting to see.

This is epic financial destruction.

I also wouldn't count out the "confidence boost" a rate cut would have.

I've always maintained it's a placebo, but the dollar is now weaker, and this will result in massive deflation

I'm always reminded how smart it is that I take profits when I have them. You just can't catch tops or bottoms, it's the in between that you want.

I hate Pete... no offence, but his style is at odds with mine... and I actually think his brother john was making this call.

Good to hear from you.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc