Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Monday, January 4, 2010

Morning

Manic Mutual fund monday. It's just a MEME, I want to point out that after an initial market run on Manic Monday, the market tends to Tail off at the end of the day.


Futures have regained all the significant loss that happened on Friday.

January effect, I know the MEME is "as goes the first 5 days, so goes the rest of the year. What I want to talk about is the Sell in 2009 for tax reasons, your losers. I'm a little curious what Losers anyone has from 2009.
Then that fresh money gets put back to work in the first of the year.

I've been chewing on this concept for a few days, and I'm not sure I see any trading advantage. Seemed like there was some selling of the winners into the end of the year. I'm just not sure I can suggest any trade on "January Effect"

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc