Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bill Moyers

both Pieces were good this weekend.


  • One on Thomas Frank: THE WRECKING CREW: HOW conservatives RUINED GOVERNMENT, ENRICHED THEMSELVES, AND BEGGARED THE NATION.
  • Greg Mortenson, whose best-selling books THREE CUPS OF TEA and STONES INTO SCHOOLS
I'm not going to place the video Inline but they were both great(this is the link to them).

Greg Mortenson is the author of books about Afghanistan, he went there when climbing and a small village helped him, he promised to return and build a school (I haven't read it, so if I'm off with my summary, please forgive). The point is a good one in this age, Much of it is about Sustainability.
I'm not sure if I've said it, but after we give all this aid to the Red Cross for Haiti we then we will need to help rebuild their infrastructure. There is more to this than sending them some water and a few dozen sandwiches.
They will need to have a decent water system, New power grid, rebuild homes, hospitals, and most important schools. The path out of poverty is education. I have no idea what they pass off as an economy.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc