Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, October 29, 2009

What have we here


No chart of the market. I am surprised we didn't gap down this morning. Certainly Panic is not in. After 2 10% moves in the Vix, some retracement was certainly in order. I wanted to point out both in vix and the dollar, than the tenancy is to move above resistance levels then pull back below them before moving Higher. We will see, but I'm also not sure how it affects a Vic2B.

4 comments:

Tony said...

UUP came right down to the 22.53 level and held. (DXY is a little different.)

Now UUP is turning upward again at the end of day.

Did you catch Cashin's comments this am about the market
almost melting down" yesterday if the dollar had gained just a few more cents? Weird.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/10/cashin-countdown-to-opening-bell/


I say we sell of tomorrow. This is insane.

Eric said...

I thought it was good to be a little more short at 1500 today...

everybody is looking for a greater fool tomorrow.

Tony said...

23 fucking points!!!??? I could see a little bounces, but jesus. My shorts got murdered. Who's buying this market, don't they know we have to get to aversion already?

I have no fucking read on it at all. I could see maybe 8 or 9 points, but christ.

I'm back to even on the week. Mutha.

Eric said...

You have to think that they are just trying to get ahead of the push to new highs.

and again it's the hot money, just as it's been the last 4 bounces, and they should quickly fade.

But you never know!.. that and they were convinced into selling it yesterday.... this is enough to keep them in hope..

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc