Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Monday, October 26, 2009

Roller Coaster

bla bla bla....


Over the weekend I saw Real Economy with ben wattenberg.

Honestly there were some good things covered. Debt Surpluss andrew Jackson.

The amusing part is that it has the "old Kudlow Standards" Jerry Boyer, Ben Stein... it was made last summer. They pound the table about the old "This Recession is Media Created". Boyer also talks about how he invested in silver in the 80's and lost his shirt.
You realize when they were talking about it, the market was in the 12000's

One just remembers how these jokers said "There is no Recession", and now they sort of admit there was/is a recession, but it is media created.... Fast forward 6 months.. I guess now there is a recession but it's Government created.

Ostrich economics, Where do these assholes come from.

6 comments:

Tony said...

Huge reversal today--- 190 dow pts-- could be a sentiment turn here.

UP approaching the magic 22.53 level... may hit its head on resistance, but this is the 3rd time at this level.

Could be a dramatic week.

BAC is dead, hope you got some.

Eric said...

below 1080, nearly 300 pts of motion, hard for it got get larger without more vix!

Roller is spelled with an 'e'

Tony said...

I'm not sure of the mechanics of VXX, but I notice it rarely moves more than 2.5 or 3% in a day. Today it is up 2.25%, which is a significant one-day move.

UUP at resistance, will see if this is a failed moved met with a large move down, or if it breaks out.

I wish they hadn't had Roubini on this morning... I like it more when some pollyanna like your pal Bourugian is on.

Tony said...

Citi is at 20-ema on 5-min for what it's worth.

Eric said...

looks like the dollar could go vic2b.

I slept through Roubini today...

I was like "I'm curious what he is saying" then I went back to bed.

Tony said...

Dollar shorts have to be a bit nervous here.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc