Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

pro 17

What a stupid commercial. To start off with the quant models, that got it slightly right in the past weeks... now they are touting themselves as experts.... with the CNBC version of a used car commercial.

but the commercial says "we had a forecast on the jim cramer stock of the year NYX"...

I hate to tell them, that was his stock of the year for 2007..... how can I trust that they are sensable when they can't even get the details right.

5 comments:

Tony said...

Wow, impressive rally. I got home just in time to get some QID at the close.

Eric said...

I said there was more, That correction went for 30 minutes, and that was it.

Tony said...

I should have put some loose stop-losses on; oh well, can't get too greedy.

T.Lo made some comment about HNZ and CPB portending market trouble. I was thinking earlier how eery it was that CPB was tanking with such a nice 3 day rally.

Eric said...

Moving out of defensive names, portends moves into More risky names. Which suggests "near term" good things for the market.

and interesting dynamic is the move back into the "inflation trades", with the early recovery names.(banks-coal).

That is how I read it, but honestly, I'm over the market for a while...

thanksgiving and maybe catch up on some sleep....

As I type the Fast money crowd is fairly bullish.... Seems like it is good to get contrary. but I say big up market on Friday, with a sell off, then a pull back into another up move on Friday.

word is out near term bottom is in, we should hit that good resistance at 9700 soon. And we are very close to the resistance of 90 on the spy(that is horizontal, and Trend line.)

Eric said...

I was trying to say Up futures into a sell off. then some buying for end of the month.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc