Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, November 7, 2008

I don't give a shit

But on the political front; This Gay Rights issue, sneaking up on the political front.

This is straight out of the 1992 playbook for gay rights, where after Clinton was elected he was caught up in his first 100 days in what developed into "don't ask, Don't tell".. What a waist of the hundred days... and for some Nitwhit at CNBC... which I think was Carl... I do like carl, but the Hundred days doesn't start after the vote, it starts after inaguration.

But For the first time I heard the president-elect's words being used to try and get him caught up in the debate. I'm not getting involved in this discussion besides to point out the old playbook, and how detrimental to getting off on the right foot it was to the clinton decade.
If your shit gets voted down, you have 2 choices.

  • Get new legislation passed, and do a better job to get out your vote.(all you are doing now is trying to turn back time)
  • Challenge it Legaly.(good luck, have you seen the supreem court)
I'm not sure if I did this, but we should see some attempts by the Extreem wings of the Party to try and dictate the adjenda.
so far I've seen:
  • The 'Rainbow' Croud on the rampage, trying to get to the front of the line.
  • And the Other "Rainbow Coalition", Trying to get to the front.
both of these issues are important, but we have soooooooo much work to do... and by we I mean sombody else. The economy is such a horror show, and though I predict that we will get sidetracked by Infighting, and extreemists trying to take charge of our political adjenda. It's not the right foot.
But we struggled with that resistance all day, and end of the day... we broke it.... Still have that Bear flag to Null out. Just to stick with my Non Hedgeing Hedging....
I SAY UPWARD BIAS FROM NOW TO NEXT MONDAY. But, I'm very cautous about that, this "Correction" didn't feel good. And we could be facing a near term "Bear Flag"... But I'd also sugjest that the sell off represented more of an Aversion stage preceding an upside break in the short term pattern.

I'm doubting it, but we could see that this whole correction could be just an "Aversion Phase" in a larger uptrend.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Bear flag forming. I thought the little bounce off support at 91.30 was encouraging. The next resistance looks like 93.30 on the upside... but cannot predict when/if it will get there.

I am holding longs into the weekend, and I may regret it. It's very hard to trade one day per week (I had today off work) because it's hard to get a "feel" for the market on a low volume Friday, especially with all the mayhem the last two days.


Great line: "...but we have soooooooo much work to do... and by we I mean sombody else."

Eric said...

I keep thinking about "A Real Job, actually increasing the GDP"

there is a chance I could get bored and start some kind of business.

There is a real chance we are going back to "big Corrections" followed by a series of bullish trends.

we need a good month or 2 of uptrend, Even Barry is into it.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc