Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Diffusion adoption Curves in Elliot waves.







This is the Rodgers technology adoption curve


I'm trying to show... where in a 15 day chart of the SPX... where the adoption points Happen. Abreviating:

  • Lag- laggards,
  • EA-Early Adopters,
  • EM-Early Majority
  • LM-Late Majority

Notice that the laggards and the Early Adopters... overlap..



Now.... The key points are the points where there are More Sellers than buyers, and more buyers than sellers..... These represent the "Swings" in the market. The laggards are doing their "thing" either buying or selling. And the Early Adopters/innovators are doing the opposite..... Suddenly there get to be a Majority of Sellers or buyers, and they tip the scales, and the market shifts....... That shift Shows the Beginning of Wave 1... Or wave A...



I draw Elliot waves all day long all the time.... If I'm not drawing them, I'm drawing them in my head..... When I'm confused I draw a lot of them.... Last night I drew hundreds...



Elliot Waves show Trends, and Trend Reversals... There is a 5 wave impulse(1-2-3-4-5), with 2 corrections(2-4). and then a 3 wave corrective stage(ABC)A and C being impulse waves, only with a Failure of the 5th wave.

I contend, that because we are in a bear market correction,

We are getting 5 wave down impulse waves, masquerading as ABC corrections

of a Bear Market Rally.

Most trends if you draw a line from the beginning of the first wave through the end of the 2th wave you will find the end of the 4th.

Because we are in a Bear market, and most the trading is "Selling" we have Impulse Waves to the downside... and they should be proper 1-5 impulse waves to the downside.

In our current Trend which is a counter Trend in a Bear Market.... What we are getting are Down move Impulse moves that are Hybrids, sort of Both an ABC wave and a 1-5. As I have Drawn..... But it's obviously sickly since it doesn't show a healthy Wave 3.... Supposedly Wave 3's are the Longest, but can also be the longest in Time.

As I posted in the last post.... There are 2 probable wave counts to the current uptrend. We should have 2 (ABC Up trends)... with a (5 wave) (B correction) in between. So... We had (Wave A) today, Then we are still in (Wave B) at the close. Then We should have a (Wave C) uptrend Tomorrow and maybe Monday, Then a one or 2 day (1-5 wave) downtrend. followed by another ABC upside Correction....Which will be fairly flat looking.

I know I go on a bit, like I'm Retarded..... Without spending 40 hours on posts, and stopping my trading, and life... it's tough to do these posts..... One of these days I'm going to show you a healthy Elliot Wave.... I saw one a few days ago on the IWM....

I'm always trying to look at the health of the waves, to figure out where the conviction is... A Healthy Elliot wave Represents, good clear conviction. .... that is the difference between the ABC waves and the 1-5 impulse waves... It's the health of the waves, that represents what is going on.

All of this MOJO/ChartAstrology, just represents what is going on, and they say it's an art... I started looking for Wave 3's to start, and usually that is all you know... Wave 3 since it's the largest/longest. It's usually easiest to identify.... Also doing wave counts.... 1-5 helps all the time... usually if you can identify 5 waves... in the same sort of direction... usually after that, the market will break, one way or the other..... that is what I should have been doing in wave B today.... but today wasn't as Bullish as I had hoped... and sometimes those waves just run up fast as hell. and you only get small pull backs.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc