Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, February 29, 2008

some rantings

you are about to get some personal stuff... I mentioned I had some stuff to do today.... So, I get a call....
and I'm going to a play, because someone wanted to go... and it sounded good.

"What time?"

"7:30"

"so we meet up and head over there at 7.. thirty minutes to get there."

"UMN... NO... See this is a play, one shows up 15 minutes early... we need to pick up the tickets at the door... 45 minutes to get there, drive time, late time, walk time. if we don't meet up by 6:30 there is no point. Not to mention.. how nice it would be to meet up, have a beer.."

"well but.. I have to X, then I have to Y... then I have to.... (basically your average chicken with a head cut off stuff)"

At this point I almost cancelled.. but I already paid for the tickets... and I fucking planned this, to my own chagrin... and once I say something is going to happen... I'm just not fucking around... That is for chicken with a head cut off people.

Right... you do something, to have a nice time, Step out of the house, get to the theater, mill around, Talk... the whole bit... and Suddenly we are Running around, going to be late... have shitty seats.. pushing people out of the way....

I sound like a car commercial... but life is a journey... not a destination. How you get there is as important as where you go.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc