Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Sunday, July 27, 2008

some weekend sentiment.

Over the weekend We have swung out of neutral, and into bearish sentiment. Mostly charictorized by Repeated "restatements" of the old Bear Thesis.... Only with additional energy.

I've mentioned before that we have the new bear thesis of the "Global Worldwide Depression", that has started to emerge.
http://www.itulip.com/images/DepressionFoodLine30.gif

that should be a fun one..... Probably the "Xmas is Canceled" will come first.

I have to say, I was out on the "Bread Lines" AKA Grocery store.... and it's grim out there, The pan handlers and Hobo's are rolling around in those electric chairs, with their baskets... complaining about how expensive it is to eat All you can eat Shrimp at Fudruckers, and how tragic it is to have to cut down on bottled water... And drink... Straight from the tap....

One remarket. "Things are so bad, I may have to cut back on potato chips."

2 comments:

tradewell said...

I agree with you.

People are very spoiled, or is it spoilt?

I can't help rolling my eyes at times. If only they knew what it's like to spend a whole winter eating only 3 food items, walking in snow every day because you don't have enough money for subway and not having hot water and having to heat it to at least wash your face. Having lived through all of these, I feel sorta like I lived through a depression.

Potato chip comment is funny :)

Eric said...

I thought so too....(potato chips)

Seems to me that there is plenty to cut back on, in case....

I grew up... we had a wood stove, 4 feet of snow.(you have me with 3 food items) My Dad talks about Government cheese.

I remember College living on (this was the 90's) $40 a month for food, Some ham, Rice, Vegies and hamburger. And I still could go out to dinner a couple times.

I also remember after college, and a period of time, with Raman noodles, and barely able to buy coffee.

and half of america, Can't cook Rice.

Every time I see "pre-Shredded cheese" I feel guilty... It's so Decadent.. I mean.. I do have the "Salad shooter" to grate it with... and somewhere is one of those rusty deals, that gets your knuckles.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc