Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Potatochip Recession

As I was smirking all day, about my smug PotatoChip Recession talk....

I realized.... Someone should actually Plot the decline of the chip in a recession, and it could provide a very useful Metric to measure the severity of the recession... I imaging it wouldn't be a Leading indicator.

I wonder if there is a snack food that would be a leading indicator...

I'd be curious if someone has already done the research...
Also, It would probably be required to go to the library for this kind of research....

but maybe I could BS my way into the data from the companies.

This may be one of those things that I think is a good idea, then realize is a huge waist of my time....

Maybe I can submit my research and get it published... and become an Honorary Psudo Scientist... Oh, sorry Social Scientist...

I also wonder if there is a "Comfort food" Factor in potatochips, that would skew the data..

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc