Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, September 26, 2008

news flash

Greenspan wrote a letter begging the legislative branch to take action.

Former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan co-signed a letter calling for lawmakers to take action to relieve the financial crisis. Greenspan, along with former Treasury Secretary George Shultz and Robert Hall of the Hoover Institution, declined to back a specific plan, instead saying, “We endorse all plans that would preserve the key functions of the threatened financial institutions.”

6 comments:

Tony said...

Easy Al knows how to write?

The bigger question is why you are reading the Wall Street Journal with 15 minutes left in the trading day. You should have been loading up on JPM.

Tony said...

Oh wait... I guess he just "co-signed" it.

Eric said...

as good a mood as you and I are in...

I bet the light is the Train.

Tony said...

Just to add insult to injury, it probably a commuter train full of House Republicans coming home from their meeting.

Eric said...

It's possible they just didnt' believe that the crisis was real.
(I'm not sure I believe the crisis is real.)

but once they called their brokers, they got the skinny.

Can you imagine how it would play if the market crashed after the republicans pulled out of a deal...

The republicans would quickly become extinct.

I also love that all the wall street republicans were screaming bloody murder today.

"how can we be on the side of Barny Frank!!!!and Nancy Pelosi!!!"

Eric said...

When I say I don't believe the crisis, I just think there is a slim....slim possibility, that confidence could rebuild over time.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc