Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is kind of fun

With all the market drama,.... I tell you here is a signal of sentiment for a significant low.

An old girlfriend, called me thursday or friday. I guess she wanted to talk about the market. Or not so much, she probably wants to get back together.

Funny I told her she needed to take her 401K defensive last year, and she was all "Oh I forgot, until like June."

What is funny is she was calling me, after she broke up with me.. Last june....
Why did we break up?

Well I'm just a hoot.... I go to bed at like 9pm if I'm staying up late, Get up at 3am. I like to sleep with cnbc on... or not so much like to, but end up doing it. And I take a lot of naps.

Oh... and when I'm not doing all that, I like to watch documentaries.

Beyond all that, I tend to be anti-social... and irritable with people.... Which reminds me. I was out having lunch at a bar yesterday... Well not so much a bar, but one of those stupid "fudrucker" like places, that make my skin crawl. But I'm at the bar, and people try and have conversations with me.

This is what I said in the course of lunch.

I told one person that "When he was in Kindergarten, he must not have learned that lesson 'keeps hands to self' "
Then the bartender, she was talking about how huge her daughter was, but in hight and girth. I Told her it was all the steroids in the Meat, and how they grow the cows all big and fat, of course what you feed the cows to, become the same way. "Oh", She said. Then I commented, "you will think "Oh!" when she then develops massive emotions problems, as a side effect. But don't worry they will sell you even more drugs for that.

Yep.... I'm a hoot.

5 comments:

Tony said...

What are your thoughts on materials. I noticed that SMN, the short materials etf, is at the top of Invivo's winners.

If the momo reverses this week, then does that follow that materials would be a good prospect for winners?

I also noted that she called a short term bottom last week in her email exchange.

Eric said...

Hey tony,

our dipshit legislative branch are going to continue to drag this all on, It sounds like.

I've been pro materials for weeks.

You have to watch out, we still arn't out in the clear from a "Lord of the Flies" Scenario.

What this means is that in the republicans desperation they are willing to do anything to stay in power, and are capable of any form of Asshatery. The overriding Morality of republicans is "The Ends Justify the means"... so if they have to blow up the economy in a vote of ignorance to try and stay in power they probably will.

and regardless, Teresa is calling "HIGHLY defensive"

She is hinting at a possible "Double bottom"

I have banged out 5 letters to my representatives.... The asshats getting in the way... are my Utah Asshats..

Tony said...

Are you still working on a news driven market?

It seems to me that the asian markets are pricing in passage of the 'rescue" bill.

Sure, some Repubs will vote against it, but they have to in order to get re-elected.

The wording will guarantee enough votes to pass. It's over.

The big question is what will benefit the most out of the chute. Materials is the most beaten down-- just as much as banks-- si that is my candidate. I was just wondering how to interpret Invivo's list.

The Mop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

I'm glad you have learned to love the bomb.

LOL... I'm just saying I hope it's just gambling Market money you are playing with. There are times when the downside risk is higher than the upside risk. if I had to run the odds, the chance we do something very stupid here is high.

Of course, I've heard plenty of sentiment about how to get "Real Panic" you have to be in a Bull market.

Play the ones at the bottom to the middle with buy signals, especially materials and industrials... seems like a lot of industrials.

It's like I've created a monster...

You know, if congress decided to slow it down, maybe even trough a stop gap, they could take another week to sort this out.

Another week of this bullshit....

I'll jump by friday... good thing I'm on the ground floor.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc