Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

quantifyable edges

I don't know wtf they are saying.

But what does it matter, they are more wrong than right.

Some times when conducting historical analysis a small sample set can tell you that the market is doing something extraordinary. Indicators reaching excessive readings often suggest an edge because when things get too extreme, mean reversion tendencies tend to kick in.

There are other instances where a small sample set simply suggests the market is not acting as it should. Monday’s action may be a good example of this...............

...

I would consider Monday’s action a warning sign.

me.... I'll watch gold dollar and oil for my indicators.

what i'll be looking for. Dollar euro moved to 1.485, Pulled back to 1.47... and now bounced to 1.4784..... If this is a failed move..... After failed moves you get fast moves.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc