Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The great Barry, asked about what the fed will do.

It's a game of brinkmanship. But 2 things could bring a hike... Oil at 150.. or the ECB getting tight.

if we can get below 130 in oil... the market could sustain an up day... I was reading the commodities trader stuff... those guys are running pure adrenalin these days Flipping those trades around like no body's business.... and being very cautious on both sides...... Very Bearish....

some signs of accumulation today... I'll still stick with the possibility of nobody wanting stock tomorrow...... Cause it's Friday, and nobody does... I wonder if the selling happened today though... and we could see some short covering....

2 comments:

new comer said...

Bingo, you got Thu right - a nice rally to 180+ in Dow and a sell off in the afternoon...

Wow, what's a volatile market, bull & bear are fighting hard.

Futures are flat but they have already coming off from their worst level.

Eric said...

I may have even mentioned 11am

I'll suggest the overall trend of the market is trying to turn. The Choppiness shows the possibility of a reversal... and some accumulation... Or lack of conviction in the selling.

financials are starting to get some strength even in the face of the oil move.

I'd assume afternoon weakness no matter what today. If oil can get below 130.50, I'd be willing to buy into the close if it's weak.

Signs of optimism are... The dollar is trying to break out of it's range this morning.. We could see a solid pop to 1.52 dollar Euro.

If we can get weak oil, today.. That should bring a neutral day.

If oil breaks into the 120's we could even see a pop in the market... It's all about oil...

But my bias will be a weak day, no mater what... Nobody wants stock on friday.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc