Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Repo Man

I fell asleep watching "Repo Man".... Which was sad. I haven't seen it in a while. In the beginning, Harry Dean Stanton says to Otto (Emilio estevez).

"A repo man gets up at 3am.... and works till 4pm.... That is why I don't know a single one who doesn't do speed."

To which I replied... What a bunch of pussies 13 hours.. don't even get me started how nice that would be. Then the follow up point, it then reminded me of all the "Nervous, Fast Talkers" you see in the financial industry. I always feel sorry for them. Let me just confess, I once had some issues in that direction. Many years later, and in reflection. I was completely disadvantaged, as a person. For me, True Excellence and Prime human performance, is achieved through

Constant Education; Read anything that strikes your fancy. Only watch Movies, PBS, and the science and Education channels.... Remembering that every time you watch commercial television, not only is that time "Lost" but 40 minutes of every hour are devoted to being brainwashed into... "My Marriage would be better if only I purchased my wife a necklace", or "If buy your product.... it would solve my emotional need"......

Proper; Diet... Fruits, Vegetables... and Water. Excluding Fried food, Fast Food, and all forms of Corporate driven "Snacks"..... all snacks should be Fruit and vegetables only.(All Brilliant marketing concepts, brought to us by Edward Bernays."

Exercise, As Cave Men.... When we evolved for millions of years, Realize we only started building our own caves 3K years ago, so our differences with O.G. Man aren't so large, We are a Physical Machine, We evolved to Leave the cave and pack hunt and gather food and water. Moving from one hunting ground to another... Walking 5-30 miles a day, We are built for it. So, Exerting ourselves for an hour or two, a day. Is not only possible, but because of evolution, puts us at our best... massive blood flow not only helps to build our bodies, but also helps to feed our mind. Sitting for long hours, doing nothing... has the opposite effect our circulatory system atrophies and so does our mind.

I also feel bad for all the "Cheating" traders out there.. Especialy since they also may be disadvantaged, by those of us blessed with OCD and MD. Point being, That shit will destroy everything you have, had and Will have.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc