Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hopefully the trend continues..... the down trend in oil.. I took a short position against oil again I'm just day trading it... if it hits big, I'll hold some again.... But that was a nice 5 legged move it's a normal midday correction.... and this wasn't confirmed by moves in oil which after a small correction is still in a down trend.... If oil falls, expect a larger correction at 120

2 comments:

Tony said...

Agree. I have to admit that I'm impatient and disgusted with the lack of weakness in oil and gas.

I predicted DUG to rise 5% today and it's only up 1.7%. I'll be patient through tomorrow, but I just don't see this as demand driven.

I've said this before: how many recessions have ever seen strength in oil?

Eric said...

Seems good...

It's hard to break the trend that has worked for 4 years...
"buy oil on any weakness."

Seems like it's working through peoples heads.

and the idea that it won't rally with the market.

but that is a very hot trade... big money could be made...

I'm more apt to ease into it over the next 3 months.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc