Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, January 30, 2009

Befuddled

So... there is more follow through from yesterday's move in gold, overnight...

And yet the dollar is stronger...

Umn... My interest is still marginal. This just seems out of sync, Until I feel more in-sync with the market. It's going to be better to just be mellow.

Nadal is trying to get beaten by another Spaniard(Verdasco)... Crazy that this is the only match today.

Run some screens maybe...

I heard Rush Limbaugh today... Wow! that just put me over the edge.... Like I say the market is crazy!!! when Rush is on Opening Bell..... Cramer is doing charts..... Fortunately Steve forbes was just on overnight talking about mark to market Wheeeewwww. Steve is my Rock!!!

More talk about how Wall street, though subsidized by taxpayers..... Need bit bonus checks to run the country into the ground.... how about a taxpayer bonus for Jamie, Or... Paulson or Bernake, Shiela Bair.... sure there is some contraversy... but they do work hard.

I hear all this stuff, and just think about the Janitor who works for 20 grand, and will pay some 14K over his life for this bullshit.

7 comments:

Tony said...

Your boy Perugian. Two months ago he was bullish and finding mustard seeds everywhere... now today with the GDP number better than expected, he's pissing into his oatmeal about all the jobs lost and business' woes.

Tool.

Eric said...

I keep thinking my foul mood against the market could be a sign of Le-bottom.

everybody was scared about this morning. and it went out with a flop.

Yesterday could have just been a nice overbought correction.

Eric said...

Man!! tell me what the hell T-lo's call is.

I suffer one more consolidation... I'm going to puke

Tony said...

Well, it's definitely NOT an inverted H/S. Sure, I can see her point, but it's kinda like you said the other day: the pattern is in the eye of the beholder.

Eric said...

seems bearish... But I'd like to see us get a little bounce, but we may not get a chance...


I'll try and show the swings this weekend.

It does tend to be a rorshack test.

Tony said...

Do the 12 out of 12 technicians who are bearish count as a bullish contrarian indicator?

One guy was saying that he could "not think of one thing that could turn this market around next week." Man, that seems awful bullish to me.

I sort of agree that a capitulation today would have been nice... a real gully washer... and I thought we were gonna get it at the end of day, but instead we just had a little short covering but nothing really.

What does your sector analysis tell us? Medical supplies held up today. Is that a safety play?

Eric said...

The medical stuff... Well that stuff is in total bull mode, I need to get a list going and start trading it.

I think the medical stuff is the Unseen bubble developing over years.. with that baby boomer retirement thing. That and I heard it was the only sector to outperform this quarter.
any bounce is a total bounce for that sector.

I'll try and find some time to look through sectors.
materials getting clobbered, gold a bull.... Crazyness.

It occurred this morning as we broke the small consolidation...
That "yes gold is bullish, cause the market is going to keep tanking."

I just think it will be worth a bounce... Maybe "play with T-lo's pennant for a bit. We are right at the downtrend line from the down swing... So it's a good time for a bounce.

Buddy, I think this will go on for a couple weeks. There is resistance here, 800 and at the 750 level... etc... seems like it would be good to see us capitulate when we break the 750...

which brings us to my 730 target...

or something else.

If you want some black swans... or grey ones... the congress fighting will be good enough..

With Rush suddenly coming into view.... we are going to see weeks of a Knock down drag out in congress.

This will give us a nice rally in bonds to get short them again, you can buy and sell some more gold... All kinds of good stuff.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc