Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Friday, January 30, 2009

Some local macro

Headed off to a movie, Couldn't convince myself to watch Titanic 2, or Somebody tried to clone Kate Beckensdale.

But, I've never seen so many free Prime working age males in the middle of the day.

So... As wallstreet begs for promotions, I'm reminded of how for the past 13 years, i've been in a constant argument with employers about how they need to pay me a living wage. The entire time just to have them make promises they couldn't or never intended to keep. I always wonder where they learn it, but you just say "well, give us another year or two, and maybe we can make that happen." and 2 years later it was all "oh, well we just can't do that yet."... all to wonder why they can't find good employees.

I was working at a company that doubled the management staff, then cut the installation staff in half.... how does that work.... How do we have more paperwork, and less equipment to install.

Seems to me like America is filled with a ton of people who are constantly waiting for a real job. Soon as somebody comes up with some, there is no shortage of good people to work them.

No comments:

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc