Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

T2108

So... this is the stocks above the 40dma


this does show a divergence, weakness in breadth.


I've looked at it in debth... and it seems like it can indicate the divergence in Breadth, that seems reliable in the intermediat term.

I'm not going to show it but the T2107 wich is the stocks above the 200dma does not seem to be reliable in the intermediat term... either that or we are going to make a new high.

LOL, now we have our other indicators... BTW if you missed those going off... sucks to be you.

10 comments:

Tony said...

Nice chart. 14.10 on the XLF looks like resistance. Another chance to get in. Oil inventories at 10:30am, fed remarks later....

Still looking for high percentage trades.

Eric said...

playing pre fed is going to make me nervous.

Tony said...

Oil inventories up, seems bearish... met with a yawn. Weird.

I guess everyone is waiting for the fed, but man, Bernanke is going to have to thread this needle perfectly.

Stops set, I hope not too tight. Still lots of cash.

Eric said...

they think the fed is going to "print more dollars"

Tony said...

SPX up 13! I suppose all the shorts are getting out pre-Fed. Was this all a Bull flag? Did we just finish a wave 4 from 8-7 to yesterday?

Eric said...

the bull flag should have resolved in big volume yesterday...

this is punters who got short yesterday, and are now covering and going long, just like they did on friday.

they figure they got trapped ... Again...

but then people are refusing to play in front of the fed.

Tony said...

Lots of bullish chatter out there... someone's right and someone's wrong. No wonder the shorts are covering.

XLF below 14.10 and UUP above 23.43, why are my indicators always tested right to the fucking penny?

I may have your borrow your Midol. lol.

Eric said...

I still say it's all just the momentum traders 1 day swings.

and your stops will trigger and that will be the top you fucking punter...

cause they are all playing like you, got short yesterday, now it mean reverts and they are in panic mode... your stop should be 14.40

Tony said...

LOL. I was actually looking at 14.21 as the stop. The 14.10 was just resistance/support.

Sign me,
"Fucking Punter", FP for short.

LMAO.

Eric said...

I did the analysis for you...

it could get interesting here as the market sells off...

for reasons they can't figure out

(cause the MoMo is NoMO)

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc