Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Monday, June 29, 2009

fucking thin trading

that is a 2 pt move in the spx in 5 min

this is just a joke....

now we need to work through that trend....

I'll hold on to some and see if I'm right....
we could open down in the morning solidly....
but this is just silly....

now I have a 3 pt move in the spx in 10 minutes

2 comments:

Tony said...

Okay, I'm an idiot but I have never understood the window dressing argument. I think it's all a self-fulfilling prophecy... and I'm not sure anyone can "play" it.

So, what now? The most telegraphed program sell-trade in history happens on July 1st? or do we overthink this and fade the "sentiment."

I've owned mutual funds my entire adult life and I have never cared what was in the portfolio, only the *return* on the portfolio. If some imbecile is buying tons of AAPL or AZO after a 40% run just to "have it in the portfolio", then how successful will he be?

It's all just part of this insane narrative; the unrelenting background noise, the mythology that never makes sense and is only marginally actionable.

I've been reading Prechter's book on Wave theory (Elliot and others), and I'm about to just turn off the TV and the blogs and go native.

Eric said...

ya it's all noise... the sentiment model has merit...

and in a down trend... we tend to have 2 "bounces" before panic sets in.

I think this is that last moment when

"They buy it on a pull back" with my friends email... I bet that is the last of them....

the window dressing thing works For many a quarter/month I've purchased before the end of the month and dumped them just before..

but never held till the first.

I'm not sure "Most telegraphed sell program"... but many traders I'm sure purchased for "Month/Quarter end"

but still low volume this week...

but again, that is what "everyone is saying"

so still...

but I'm just trying to keep the bills paid...

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc