Financial history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. You can't be stupid enough to trade off anything I say.... I'm lucky they let me out of the straight-jacket long enough to trade.

J. P. Morgan

"Sell down to your sleeping point"

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cramer is on TV

Saying, he is giving advice.... suggestions.... he is backpedaling on how wrong he has been for weeks.

SO, lets work on breaking this down, I've been the worst costanza this week.

  • I exited half most my bank positions roughly flat(which were brilliant positons, now), and ended up chasing some of them.
  • I chased a(a well positioned) short entry on tech, that Lead to the Near term low.
  • Retail has been Strong, and I wanted to short it.
  • The market was in that declining triangle, and I stuck with my shorts, and now they are slapping me(not too bad)
Now I want to:
  1. I want to exit my short positions(is this prudent based on the technicals?)
  2. I defiantly wanted to Exit my short positions all day.
  3. I was nervous I was going to miss out on the most epic rally of the year?
  4. I was afraid my short positions were going to choke me to death.
  5. I wanted to exit my index shorts in the post market, while I was relatively flat.
Where Am I Costanza Now?

I'm having a hard time with which is my emotional move, and which is the technical one. What do I want to believe?

yep... it's one of those weeks.

What does Contrarian me say?

5 comments:

tradewell said...

If you want to be a bull, Costanza rule says "be a bear".... no?

Not giving advice, but i'm looking at it as a better shorting opp. Higher and more overbought.

Eric said...

hmmm, I'm trying to figure it out.

I have the whole Lennard the monkey thing going on.

Overall I have to obey the technicals.

Eric said...

It's not a matter of want to, it's a matter of "I must make money."

tradewell said...

Looks like the Fly caught the up wave real quick. Bought banks for a day.

I just can't be that nimble, and have to make choice for longer term than half a day.

Eric said...

he has been on them for a bit, he even capitualted on his shorts at the right time.

and he can't always be wrong.... Maybe he is still short and lying to see if he can fade himself. or if what he posts to the blog happens in reverse.... Kind of like I do with the booYaaa!!! trying to Jinx it down... but i'm not superstitious.

New Economic Indicators and Releases

What does Blue Horse shoe love?- Blog search of "BHL"

cnbc